- Competence, Cultural
- Competency, Cultural
- Cultural competency
- found: Work cat.: HIV, diversity, and cultural competence, c2009: p. 1 (A set of congruent behaviours, attitudes, and policies which come together in a system, agency, or among professionals and enable that system, agency, or those professionals to work effectively in cross-cultural situations)
- found: MESH browser, May 20, 2009 (Cultural Competency. UF Cultural Competence. Scope Note: Cultural and linguistic competence is a set of congruent behaviors, attitudes, and policies that come together in a system, agency, or among professionals that enables effective work in cross-cultural situations. Competence implies the capacity to function effectively as an individual and an organization within the context of the cultural beliefs, behaviors, and needs presented by consumers and their communities; in MESH tree structures under: Culture)
- found: Wikipedia, May 20, 2009 (Cultural competence; refers to an ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures. Cultural competence comprises four components: (a) Awareness of one's own cultural worldview, (b) Attitude towards cultural differences, (c) Knowledge of different cultural practices and worldviews, and (d) cross-cultural skills. Developing cultural competence results in an ability to understand, communicate with, and effectively interact with people across cultures.)
- found: National Center for Cultural Competence Web site, May 20, 2009: conceptual frameworks (Cultural competence requires that organizations: have a defined set of values and principles, and demonstrate behaviors, attitudes, policies and structures that enable them to work effectively cross-culturally; have the capacity to (1) value diversity, (2) conduct self-assessment, (3) manage the dynamics of difference, (4) acquire and institutionalize cultural knowledge and (5) adapt to diversity and the cultural contexts of the communities they serve; incorporate the above in all aspects of policy making, administration, practice, service delivery and involve systematically consumers, key stakeholders and communities)
- found: OCLC database, May 20, 2009 (titles: Building racial and cultural competence in the classroom; Cultural competence in health care; Cultural competence in health education and health promotion; Cultural competence in trauma therapy; Cultural competency training in a global society; Strategies for cultural competency in Indian health care; Cultural competency in health, social, and human services)
- 2009-05-21: new
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.