- Casanovas (Womanizers)
- Don Juans (Womanizers)
- Philanderers (Womanizers)
- Rakes (Womanizers)
- found: Work cat.: Le cavaleur [VR] c1984 (Summary note: The story of Edouard Choiseul, a philandering concert pianist who indulges in many affairs only to finally find himself alone and coping with advanced age and his general irresponsibility)
- found: Sedita, S. The eight characters of comedy : a guide to sitcom acting and writing, c2006: table of contents (the womanizer/manizer)
- found: OED online, May 17, 2011: womanizer (one who goes after or consorts illicitly with women) philanderer (A man who philanders; a male flirt; philander: 1. intr. Esp. of a man: to flirt; to engage in casual sexual or romantic encounters) Casanova (Used allusively of a man whose amorous activities resemble those of Casanova) Don Juan (A rake, libertine, roué) rake (1. A fashionable or stylish man of dissolute or promiscuous habits. (2. A woman of similar character) libertine (3. A person (typically a man) who is not restrained by morality, esp. with regard to sexual relations; a person of dissolute or promiscuous habits) roué (A debauched or dissolute man, typically one who is wealthy or aristocratic, and (now) esp. an elderly one; a rake, a libertine, a playboy) playboy (2. orig. Irish English. A person, usually a wealthy man, who leads a life of pleasure, esp. one who behaves irresponsibly or is sexually promiscuous)
- found: American heritage dict. of the English lang., c2000: womanize (v. intr. To pursue women lecherously; womanizer n.) philander (intr. v. 1. To carry on a sexual affair, esp. an extramarital affair, with a woman one cannot or does not intend to marry. Used of a man. 2. To engage in many love affairs, esp. with a frivolous, informal, or casual attitude. Used of a man; philanderer n.) Casanova (1. A man who is amorously and gallantly attentive to women. 2. A promiscuous man; a philanderer) Don Juan (1. A libertine; a profligate. 2. A man who is an obsessive seducer of women)
- found: Random House Webster's unabridged dict., c1997: womanizer (a philanderer) philander (v.i. (of a man) to make love with a woman one cannot or will not marry; carry on flirtations; philanderer n.) Casanova (a man with a reputation for having many amorous adventures; rake; Don Juan) Don Juan (3. a ladies' man; womanizer) rake (a dissolute or profligate person, esp. a man who is licentious; roué. Syn. libertine, profligate, lecher, womanizer)
- found: Web. 3: womanizer (a man who pursues or associates illicitly with women) philanderer (one that plays at courtship: a fickle lover: a flirt) casanova (lover; esp: a man who is a promiscuous and unscrupulous lover) don juan (pl. don juans, usually capitalized: a man that pursues women: libertine)
- found: The free online dict., May 17, 2011 (womaniser - a man who likes many women and has short sexual relationships with them; philanderer, womanizer; Casanova - any man noted for his amorous adventures; Don Juan - any successful womanizer)
- 2011-05-24: new
- 2011-08-30: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.