- Animal defence mechanisms
- Animal defences
- Animal defense mechanisms
- Animal defensive mechanisms
- Animal self-protection
- Defence mechanisms, Animal
- Defences, Animal
- Defense mechanisms, Animal
- Defenses, Animal
- Defensive mechanisms, Animal
- Mechanisms, Animal defense
- Self-defense in animals
- Self-protection in animals
- Self-protective behavior in animals
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Johnson, P.M. Multi-component chemical defense in seahares (Gastropoda:Opisthobranchia), 2002: p. 11 ("The seahares ... have largely given up the physical protection of a hard outer shell and have replaced it with an array of chemical and behavioral defenses.") pp. 14-16 (passive defenses include cryptic coloration, large size, and distasteful skin; active defenses include non-chemical (withdrawal of the siphon, withdrawal and turning of the body, and escape locomotion) and chemical defenses (ink secretion and opaline secretion))
- found: Defensive mechanisms in social insects, 1984.
- found: Edmunds, M. Defence in animals : a survey of anti-predator deences, 1974.
- found: Williams, P.J. Developmental changes in anti-predator defences of marine larval fish, 1996.
- found: Defence mechanisms, 1993.
subdivision [Defenses] under individual animals and groups of animals, e.g. [Fishes--Defenses]
- 2002-08-15: new
- 2010-04-13: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.