- Arid lands
- Arid zones
- Dry lands
- Dryland regions
- Lands, Arid
- Regions, Arid
- Regions, Semiarid
- Semi-arid regions
- Semi-arid zones
- Semiarid regions
- Sub-humid lands
- Zones, Arid
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Heathcote, R.L. The arid lands, 1983.
- found: Google search, Mar. 21, 2006 (dry lands; drylands used as noun forms)
- found: Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity. Subsidiary Body on Scientific, Technical, and Technological Advice. Meeting (11th : 2005 : Montéal, Québec). Success stories in implementation of the programmes of work on dry and sub-humid lands and the Global Taxonomy Initiative, 2005: p. 7 (dry and sub-humid land; dryland, Mediterranean, arid, semi-arid, grassland and savannah ecosystems; dry and sub-humid lands) p. 43, etc. (arid and semi-arid zones; arid and semi-arid regions; arid regions)
- found: Ecology and management of forests, woodlands, and shrublands in the dryland regions of the United States and México, 1999.
- found: UK Clearing House Mechanism for Biodiversity website, Dec. 8, 2009: Implementing Conservation and Sustainable Development Ecosystem Themes of the CBD Ecosystem Themes - Dry and sub humid lands (Dry and sub-humid lands are located in Mediterranean areas and comprise, arid, semi-arid, grassland and savannah ecosystems)
- 2006-03-21: new
- 2013-03-12: revised
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.