- Atlantic bottlenose dolphin
- Bottle-nose dolphin
- Bottle-nosed dolphin
- Bottlenosed dolphin
- Pacific bottlenose dolphin
- Tursiops aduncus
- Tursiops gephyreus
- Tursiops gillii
- Tursiops nesarnock
- Tursiops nuuanu
- Tursiops truncatus
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Earlier Established Forms
Atlantic bottlenosed dolphin Bottlenosed dolphins
- found: Dolphins, porpoises, & whales of the world, 1991: p. 157 (Bottlenose dolphin, Tursiops truncatus. Terms Atlantic bottlenose dolphin and Pacific bottlenose dolphin have no taxonomic basis)
- found: Carwardine, M. Whales, dolphins & porpoises, 1995: p. 192 (Bottlenose dolphin, Tursiops truncatus)
- found: Bonner, W.N. Whales of the world, 1989: p. 124 (bottlenose dolphin, Tursiops truncatus)
- found: Katona, S.K. Field guide to whales, porpoises & seals, 1993: p. 113 (bottlenose dolphin, Tursiops truncatus)
- found: Mamm. species of the world: p. 357 (Tursiops truncatus; synonyms: aduncus, gephyreus, gillii, nesarnock, nuuanu)
- found: Web. 3 (bottle-nosed dolphin or bottle-nose dolphin)
- found: Random House (bottle-nosed dolphin. Also bottlenose dolphin, bottlenosed dolphin)
- 1986-02-11: new
- 1998-05-19: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.