- Here are entered technical military works on siege warfare. General historical works on sieges are entered under [Sieges.]
- Attack and defense (Military science)
- Fortifications, Attack and defense of
- Fortress warfare
- Siege craft
- Military art and science
- Military engineering
Earlier Established Forms
Attack and defense (Military science)Attack and defense (Military science)
- found: Dupuy, T.N. Dict. military terms, 1986 ("Siegecraft" is art of conducting sieges; "sieges" are the process of besieging a fortress or town; "besiege" is to cut off all access to or egress from a town or fortress for the purpose of capturing it)
- found: Web. 3 (Siege)
- found: Quick dict. weapons (Siege)
Here are entered technical military works on siege warfare. General historical works on sieges are entered under [Sieges.]
Note under [Sieges]
- 1986-02-11: new
- 1992-06-18: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.