- Here are entered works on the American buffalo. Works on buffaloes of the eastern hemisphere are entered under [Buffaloes.]
- American buffalo
- Bison americanus
- Bison bison
- Bison occidentalis
- Bison sylvestris
- Bos bison
- Buffalo, American
- Buffalo meat
Earlier Established Forms
- found: Work cat.: 93244562: Bibliography, parasites of the American bison ... c1993.
- found: Rev. checklist of No. Amer. mammals north of Mexico, 1997, via WWW, Aug. 30, 2002 (Bos bison; American Bison)
- found: Mammalian species, no. 266 (1986) via WWW, Aug 30, 2002 (Bison bison; two subspecies: B.b. athabascae and B.b. bison. Syn.: Bos bison, Bison americanus, Bison occidentalis, Bison sylvestris)
- found: ITIS, Aug. 30, 2002 (Bos bison; common name: bison. Synonym: Bison bison)
Here are entered works on the American buffalo. Works on buffaloes of the eastern hemisphere are entered under [Buffaloes.]
Note under [Buffaloes]
- 2002-09-04: new
- 2002-10-24: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.