- Constrictor constrictor
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Earlier Established Forms
- found: Wagner, D. Boas, c1996: p. 85 (boa constrictors; the genus Boa currently contains a single species, Boa constrictor, the true boa constrictors. The taxonomy of boa constrictors poses many problems for taxonomists ... and continues to be a subject of much debate. At the heart of the problem is not only determining which boas belong to which subspecies, but also whether some of those subspecies are even valid.)
- found: Web. 3 (boa constrictor: a tropical American boid snake (Constrictor constrictor)
- found: Random House (boa constrictors: a snake, Constrictor (Boa) constrictor)
- found: Mehrtens, J.M. Living snakes of the world, 1987: p. 18 (boa constrictors; the vernacular, Boa constrictor is identical to the technical name of this snake)
- found: Coborn, J. The atlas of snakes of the world, 1991: p. 142 (Boa Linnaeus, 1758: boa constrictors)
- found: Sanford, W.R. The boa constrictor, c1987: p. 11 (the boa constrictor's scientific name is Constrictor constrictor)
- 1986-02-11: new
- 1996-03-29: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.