- Botanical names
- Botanical nomenclature
- Latin names of plants
- Latin plant names
- Names of plants, Scientific
- Plant names, Latin
- Plant names, Scientific
- Plant species--Nomenclature
- Scientific names of plants
- Scientific plant names
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Earlier Established Forms
Botany--Nomenclators Botany Nomenclators Botany--Nomenclature Botany Nomenclature
- found: Common names (and botanical names) for principal District 6 plant species (exclusive of conifers), 1922.
- found: Stewart, J.L. Punjab plants, comprising botanical and vernacular names, and uses ... 1977.
- found: McVaugh, R. An annotated glossary of botanical nomenclature, 1968.
- found: Elsevier's dict. of plant names, 1996.
- found: Clason, W.E. Elsevier's dict. of wild and cultivated plants in Latin, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, and German, c1989.
- found: Nikolov, H. Dict. of plant names in Latin, German, English, and French, 1996.
- found: Gadsby, J. Coming to terms with Latin names, 1985.
- found: General indexes to the Latin names and synonyms of the plants depicted in the first hundred and seven volumes of Curtis's botanical magazine, 1883.
- found: Drewitt, F.D. Latin names of common plants, 1927.
- found: Scientific (Latin) names of plant viruses, 1965.
subdivision [Nomenclature] under individual plants and groups of plants, e.g. [Corn--Nomenclature]
- 2003-08-21: new
- 2003-10-06: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.