- Bumble bees
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Earlier Established Forms
- found: Britannica Micro. (bumble bee, also called humble-bee: common name for any member of the insect tribe Bombini (family Apidae, order Hymenoptera))
- found: Michener, C.D. Bees of the world, 2000: p. 761 (Tribe Bombini: consists of bumble bees and, as here classified, a single genus, Bombus)
- found: Wikipedia, July 16, 2007 (Bumblebees (also spelled bumble bee, also known as humblebee) are flying insects of the genus Bombus in the family Apidae. Classification sidebar shows Bombus in tribe Bombini of subfamily Apinae of family Apidae)
- found: Marshall, S.A. Insects, their natural history and diversity, 2006: p. 569 (bumble bee subfamily Bombinae)
- found: ITIS search, July 16, 2007 (Bombus Latreille, 1802, genus, common names: bumble bees, bumblebees; in tribe Bombini of subfamily Apinae of family Apidae)
- found: Web. 3 (bumblebee: any of numerous large robust hairy social bees of the genus Bombus; humble-bee: bumblebee)
- 1986-02-11: new
- 2007-09-12: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.