- Academics (Persons)
- College instructors
- College lecturers
- College professors
- Lectors (Higher education)
- Lecturers, College
- Lecturers, University
- Universities and colleges--Teachers
- University academics
- University instructors
- University lecturers
- University professors
- University teachers
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: German studies in transition, 1997 ("lector" used consistently for language teachers at the British university level)
- found: Web. 3.
- found: LC database, Dec. 8, 2004 (college and university professors; college professors; college instructors; college and university instructors; college faculty; college faculty members; college lecturers; university professors; university professors and lecturers; university lecturers; university teachers; university faculty; university faculty members; academics; academicians; university academics)
- found: The American Heritage dictionary of the English language, c2000, via WWW, Dec. 8, 2004 (academic NOUN 1. A member of an institution of higher learning. 2. One who has an academic viewpoint or a scholarly background; academician NOUN 1. An academic. 2. A member of an art, literary, or scientific academy or society)
- 2004-12-08: new
- 2005-02-15: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.