- Collie, Rough
- Collie, Rough-coated
- Collie, Scotch
- Rough-coated collie
- Rough collie
- Scotch collie
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Earlier Established Forms
- found: Hunt, H. Rough collies, 1990.
- found: Intl. encyc. dogs (collie, rough; to many, mention of a collie means what the fancier knows as a rough collie)
- found: Glover stand. guide to pure-bred dogs: p. 198 (rough collie)
- found: AKC dogs: p. 313 (there are two varieties of collies, the rough-coated being by far the more familiar ... and the smooth-coated)
- found: Unkelbach Amer. dog bk.: p. 119 (collies come in two varieties, differing only in coat type rough (better known) and smooth)
- found: Web. 3 (collie)
- found: Canine lexicon (collie, 1) Working type sheepdog, a generic term. Besides the Collie (Scotch Collie) there are the Border Collie, Shetland Sheepdog, Welsh Collie, and New Zealand. 2) Collie, Rough and Smooth Collie, and both are sometimes referred to as Scotch Collies)
- found: Mini-atlas of dog breeds: p. 458 (Collie (Scotch Collie))
- found: Random House (collie)
- 1986-02-11: new
- 1996-03-07: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.