- Here are entered works about the concerto. Musical compositions in this form are entered under the heading [Concertos,] followed if appropriate by medium of performance.
- Concerto--History and criticism
- Concertos--History and criticism
- Sinfonia concertante
- Symphonie concertante
- Musical form
- Concertante style
- found: New Grove dict. of mus. WWW site, Nov. 16, 2006: Symphonie concertante (sinfonia concertante; concert genre of the late 18th and early 19th centuries for solo instruments - usually two, three or four, but on occasion as many as seven or even nine - with orchestra)
- found: New Harvard dict. of mus.: Symphonie concertante (sinfonia concertante; in the 18th and early 19th centuries, a type of concerto for two or more solo instruments (normally strings or winds) and orchestra)
Here are entered works about the concerto. Musical compositions in this form are entered under the heading [Concertos,] followed if appropriate by medium of performance.
Note under [Concertos]
- 1986-02-11: new
- 2006-12-05: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.