- American upland cotton
- Gossypium hirsutum
- Gossypium mexicanum
- Hairy cotton
- Upland cotton
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Web. 3.
- found: Hortus 3 (Gossypium, syn: Thurberia; G. hirsutum, syn: G. mexicanum, upland cotton)
- found: FAO plants (Gossypium spp., cotton cotton plant; G. hirsutum, syn: upland cotton, hairy cotton)
- found: Roecklin profile of econ. plants: p. 131 ((upland cotton, cotton, G. hirsutum, G. mexicanum) (the American upland cotton (G. hirsutum) ... provides the bulk of U.S. cotton))
- found: Ind. nom. gen. (plant.)
- found: Engler Syl. Pflanz.: p. 311.
USE Example under [Fiber plants; Field crops; Textile fibers]
- 1986-02-11: new
- 1989-05-19: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.