- Here are entered works on swimming underwater using equipment. Works on plunging into a swimming pool or other body of water, often while executing acrobatic stunts, are entered under [Diving.]
- Deep-sea diving
- Diving, Deep
- Diving, Submarine
- Submarine diving
- Underwater diving
- Aquatic sports
- Underwater exploration
- Recreational dive industry
Earlier Established Forms
Diving, SubmarineDiving, Submarine
- found: Am. heritage dict. (dive: to plunge, esp. headfirst into water; to go toward the bottom of a body of water; submerge)
- found: Hennepin (deep diving)
- found: LC database, Aug. 19, 1993 (deep diving)
- found: Readers' guide (Deep sea diving see Diving, Submarine)
Here are entered works on swimming underwater using equipment. Works on plunging into a swimming pool or other body of water, often while executing acrobatic stunts, are entered under [Diving.]
Note under [Diving]
- 1986-02-11: new
- 2013-08-13: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.