- Canis canis
- Canis domesticus
- Canis familiarus
- Canis familiarus domesticus
- Canis lupus familiaris
- Domestic dog
- found: ITIS, Mar. 20, 2008 (Canis lupus familiaris - domestic dog. Synonyms: Canis familiaris, Canis familiarus domesticus)
- found: NCBI taxonomy browser, via WWW, Mar. 20, 2008 (Canis lupus familiaris (dog). Synonyms: Canis familiaris, Canis domesticus, Canis canis. Common name: dogs)
- found: Mammal species of the world, 3rd ed., via WWW, Mar. 20, 2008 (Canis lupus familiaris - Domestic dog; comments under Canis lupus: Includes the domestic dog as a subspecies, with the dingo provisionally separate--artificial variants created by domestication and selective breeding)
- found: Wikipedia, Mar. 20, 2008 (under Gray wolf: DNA sequencing and genetic drift studies indicate that the gray wolf shares a common ancestry with the domestic dog (Canis lupus familiaris); the domestic dog is now normally classified as a subspecies of the wolf: Canis lupus familiaris)
- Example under [Pets]
- 1986-02-11: new
- 2012-05-18: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.