- found: ITIS, Jan. 23, 2002 (Scientific name: Pterophyta. Vernacular name: ferns)
- found: Lawrence, E. Henderson's dict. of biol. terms, 2000 (fern: common name for a member of the Pterophyta; Pterophyta: one of the four major divisions of the spore-bearing vascular plants, commonly called the ferns)
- found: Academic Press dict. of sci. and tech., via WWW, Jan. 23, 2002 (fern: The common name for a seedless, nonflowering vascular plant of the class Filicineae; Filicophyta: the ferns; Filicopsida: the largest of three subdivisions of the division Filicophyta; Filicineae: a class of the Pteridophyta; plants that reproduce by spores and are characterized by fronds and true vascular systems)
- found: The Wordsworth dict. of sci. & tech., 1995 (ferns (Bot.). Pteridophytes of the class Filicopsida)
- found: McGraw-Hill dict. of sci. tech. terms, c1989 (fern (BOT) Any of a large number of vascular plants composing the division Polypodiophyta)
- found: Encarta world Eng. dict. (fern: n. pl. ferns or fern)
- 2003-06-20: new
- 2003-07-29: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.