- Here are entered books, usually illustrated literary miscellanies, which are intended as keepsakes or gifts, especially those published annually and popular in the 19th century, as well as works about such books.
- Annual gift books
- Annuals (Gift books)
- Christmas books
- Keepsakes (Books)
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Earlier Established Forms
Gift-books (Annuals, etc.)
- found: Web. 3 (Giftbook)
- found: ACRL/ALA genre terms (Gift books uf Annual gift books, Christmas books)
- found: ALA gloss. (Giftbook)
- found: Librarians' gloss. (Gift book see Keepsake)
- found: Tanselle, G.T. Guide to the study of U.S. imprints, 1971: p. viii (genre list: annuals and gift books)
Here are entered books, usually illustrated literary miscellanies, which are intended as keepsakes or gifts, especially those published annually and popular in the 19th century, as well as works about such books.
subdivision [Gift books] under individual plants and groups of plants and individual wars, e.g. [Corn--Gift books; World War, 1939-1945--Gift books]
- 1986-02-11: new
- 1991-05-03: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.