- Here are entered works on children with above-average abilities, including talented elementary and secondary school students. Works on college and university students with above-average abilities are entered under [Talented students.]
- Bright children
- Child prodigies
- Children, Gifted
- Highly capable children (Gifted children)
- Mentally advanced children
- Prodigies, Child
- Superior children
- Talented children
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Educating highly capable students in Washington State, 2004/2005: p. 1 (students who are highly capable learners; HCP students) p. 3 (The state defines a highly capable student as a student who exhibits high capability in intellectual and/or creative areas, possesses an unusual leadership capacity, or excels in specific academic fields, who requires services beyond the basic programs provided by schools)
- found: OCLC, Aug. 27, 2013 (titles: 5th grade mathematics for highly capable students; Criteria for excellent programs for highly capable students; Current, best instructional strategies for your gifted and highly capable students; Differentiated instruction and motivation with highly capable primary students; Educational excellence for highly capable students; Ephrata School District program for highly capable students; Highly capable students; Highly capable students and meeting their social-emotional needs; How to better meet the needs of your gifted and highly capable students (grades 1-8); Teaching and challenging gifted and highly capable students)
- found: Australian thesaurus of education descriptors, via WWW, Aug. 28, 2013 (Gifted. Used For: Gifted children; Gifted teachers; Gifted youth; Mentally advanced children. Broader Term: Exceptional persons. Narrower Term: Academically gifted; Gifted disabled; Gifted disadvantaged; Gifted students Use Academically gifted; Academically gifted. Scope Note: Persons with superior ability or aptitude for academic learning. Used For: Able students; Gifted students; Superior students. Broader Term: Gifted)
- found: ERIC thesaurus, via ProQuest, Aug. 28, 2013 (Gifted. Use term for: Mentally Advanced Children, Gifted Children, Geniuses, Gifted Youth, Gifted Teachers; Academically Gifted. Use term for: Superior Students (1966-1978), Gifted Students, Able Students (1966-1978). Broader term: Gifted)
Here are entered works on children with above-average abilities, including talented elementary and secondary school students. Works on college and university students with above-average abilities are entered under [Talented students.]
Note under [Talented students]
- 1986-02-11: new
- 2013-10-23: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.