- Guyandot language
- Huron language
- Wanat language
- Wandot language
- Weinondot language
- Wundat language
- Wyandotte language
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Earlier Established Forms
Huron languageHuron language
- found: Ethnologue: p. 55 (Wyandot (Huron) Ontario, Okla.)
- found: Voegelin lang.: p. 187 (Wyandot (Wanat, Wandot, Weinondot, Wundat, Guyandot, Huron) Ont., Okla.)
- found: Waldman, C. Atlas No. Am. Ind.: p. 232 (Wyandot, Okla., Kansas)
- found: Zisa, C. Am. Ind. lang.: p. 43 (Huron)
- found: Phone call to Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), 11/21/91 (Spoke to Janice Simmons, who said the preferred name was Wyandotte. This is also what the people call themselves)
- 1986-02-11: new
- 1992-01-30: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.