- Hysteric passion
- Hysterica passio
- Hysterical neurosis
- Hysterical passion
- Passio hysterica
- Vapors (Disease)
- Vapours (Disease)
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: MESH (Hysteria)
- found: Inter. dict. med. biol. (Hysteria: Any of various disorders characterized by conversion symptoms, such as paralysis, tremor, anesthesia, vomiting, amnesia, somnambulism, fugue, or other dissociation manifestations. An out moded term. Also called hysterical neurosis. Hysteria is no longer recognized as a separate clinical entity without qualification.)
- found: Comp. gloss. of psychiatry & psych. (Hysteria, hysterical neurosis: Neurosis involving sudden impairment of function in response to emotional stress.)
- found: Campbell, R.J. Psychiatric dict., 1996 (Vapors: obs. Hysteria, hypochondriasis.)
- found: Schleich, J.L. Disputatio medica inauguralis de passione hysterica, 1675.
- found: Holland, A. Disputatio medica inauguralis de hysterica passione, 1687.
- found: Purcell, J. A treatise of vapours or hysterick fits, 1702.
- found: OED (Hysteria: former names were vapours and hysteric(al) passion. Hysterical: hysterical passion = hysteria)
- 2002-09-23: new
- 2002-11-05: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.