- Asian elephant
- Elephant, Asian
- Elephant, Asiatic
- Elephas indicus
- Elephas maximus
Earlier Established Forms
- found: Work cat.: Journey into Thailand. Lords of the forest, 1986.
- found: Walker mam. world: p. 1321 (Elephas maximus; sy: Asiatic or Indian elephants, Indische Olifante, Gadjah (local vernacular))
- found: Corbet. World list of mammalian species: p. 129 (E. maximus, Indian elephant)
- found: Biol. & agr. index: v. 40, p. 655 (Asian elephants)
- found: Web. 3: p. 735 (Indian elephant)
- found: LC data base, 4/7/88 (Asiatic elephant)
- 1986-02-11: new
- 2013-11-05: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.