- Chief justices
- Chief magistrates
- Judges--Legal status, laws, etc.
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Earlier Established Forms
- found: Am. heritage dict. of the Eng. lang., via WWW, Apr. 12, 2001 (alcalde: the mayor or chief judicial official of a Spanish town)
- found: Encarta world Eng. dict., via WWW, Apr. 12, 2001 (alcalde, pl. alcaldes: mayor: the mayor or chief magistrate of a town in a Spanish-speaking area)
- found: OED online, Apr. 12, 2001 (alcalde: A magistrate of a town, a sheriff or justice, in Spain and Portugal)
- found: Web. 3 (alcalde: an administrative and judicial officer in villages, towns, or districts in Spain and regions under Spanish influence; justice 1 b: a person duly commissioned to hold courts or to try and decide controversies and administer justice)
- found: WordReference.com, Apr. 12, 2001: Spanish to English (alcalde: mayor; (juez) magistrate)
- 2001-05-10: new
- 2011-06-03: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.