- Adder, Milk
- American milk snake
- Coluber doliatus
- Coluber triangulum
- House snake
- Lampropeltis doliata
- Lampropeltis triangulum
- Milk adder
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Earlier Established Forms
Lampropeltis triangulumLampropeltis triangulum
- found: Frank, N. Sci. & common names of reptiles and amphibians of the world, 1995: p. 223 (Lampropeltis triangulum, Milk snake)
- found: ITIS database search, Aug. 20, 2002 (Lampropeltis triangulum, common name: milk snake; synonyms: Coluber doliatus; Lampropeltis doliata)
- found: Web. 3 (milk snake (Lampropeltis triangulum))
- found: Tyning, T.F. Guide to amphibians and reptiles, 1990: p. 323 (Milk snake, Lampropeltis triangulum)
- found: Am. heritage dict. (milk snake: any of various nonvenomous snakes of the species Lampropeltis triangulum; also called house snake, milk adder)
- found: LC database, Aug. 20, 2002 (title: milksnakes)
- found: Williams, K.L. Systematics and natural history of the American milk snake, Lampropeltis triangulum, 1988: p. 1 (wide-ranging snake species that exhibits a great amount of geographic variation) p. 6 (The original description of the species generally referred to as the milk snake involves identity of Coluber doliatus and has been subject of considerable controversy ... all argued that original description refers to scarlet snake ... consequently Coluber triangulum is the earliest name for the milk snake) p. 53+ (25 spp.)
- 2002-08-20: new
- 2002-10-03: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.