- Here are entered works about the speech or dialects of the Midi (the South) of France after 1500. Works about the language of that region before 1500 are entered under the heading [Provençal language.]
- Langue d'oc
- Languedoc language
- Provençal language, Modern
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Earlier Established Forms
Langue d'ocLangue d'oc Provençal language, ModernProvençal language, Modern
- found: Work cat.: Diccionari frances-occitan, 1991.
- found: Britannica online, 1995: hdg. Occitan language (the major dialects are those of Limousin, Auvergnat, Provence and Languedoc)
- found: Minority languages in Europe, 1983: hdg. (Occitan)
- found: Ethnologue, 1988 (Occitan)
- found: International encyc. of linguistics, 1992: hdg. (Occitan; no mention of Langue d'oc)
- found: LC database, 2/16/96 (321 records under Langue d'oc: 56 have Occitan in title, 37 Provencal and 9 Langue d'oc)
Here are entered works about the speech or dialects of the Midi (the South) of France after 1500. Works about the language of that region before 1500 are entered under the heading [Provençal language.]
Note under [Provençal language]
- 1986-02-11: new
- 1996-04-12: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.