- Cavemen (Prehistoric peoples)
- Early man
- Man, Prehistoric
- Prehistoric archaeology
- Prehistoric human beings
- Prehistoric humans
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Earlier Established Forms
- found: Acad. Am. encyc., 1994 (Prehistoric humans)
- found: Americana, 1995 (Prehistoric human beings; Prehistory)
- found: Britannica Micro. (Prehistoric peoples and cultures; Prehistoric archaeology)
- found: Wikipedia, April 4, 2008: (cavemen: popular stock character based upon stereotyped concepts of the way in which early prehistoric humans or homininans may have looked and behaved; often shown as living in caves; but this stemmed from the ritual paintings found in caves: it is more probable that the caves were religious gathering places or temporary shelter, and not the actual dwellings of the supposed "cavemen")
- Note under [Anthropology, Prehistoric]
- 1986-02-11: new
- 2008-05-20: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.