- Alternating personality
- Consciousness, Multiple
- DID (Personality disorder)
- Dissociated personality
- Dissociative identity disorder
- Double consciousness
- Double personality
- Dual personality
- MPD (Personality disorder)
- Multiple consciousness
- Multiple identity disorder
- Multiple personalities
- Multiple personality disorder
- Personality, Multiple
- Split personality
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Kaplan, H. Clinical psychiatry, 1989: index (multiple personality), p. 197 (multiple personality disorder; MPD)
- found: Inter. dict. med. biol.: p. 2148 (multiple personality. Also called alternating personality, dissociated personality, split personality, double personality, dual personality)
- found: DSM IV (Dissociative identity disorder)
- found: MESH browser, July 10, 2006 (Multiple Personality Disorder. Entry terms: Dissociative Identity Disorder, Dual Personality, Multiple Identity Disorder, Multiple Personalities. Scope note: A dissociative disorder in which the individual adopts two or more distinct personalities. Each personality is a fully integrated and complex unit with memories, behavior patterns, and social friendships. Transition from one personality to another is sudden.)
- found: The bifurcation of the self, c2006: p. xi (Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD), now known as Dissociative Identity disorder (DID))
- 2006-07-10: new
- 2006-12-05: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.