- Art music
- Art music, Western
- Classical music
- Musical compositions
- Musical works
- Serious music
- Western art music
- Western music (Western countries)
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Szabo, M. For the love of music, 2001: abstr. (Western art music) p. 5 ("Negative attitudes toward Western art music begin in elementary school")
- found: New Grove dictionary of music and musicians (Online), Dec. 4, 2001 (151 hits on "western art music")
- found: Amer. Herit. dict. of the Engl. lang., via WWW, Dec. 4, 2001 (art music: Music composed in a classical tradition and intended as serious art, especially as distinguished from popular or folk music)
- found: LC database, Dec. 4, 2001 (Western music; art music; art-music; genre hdg.: Western art music)
- 2004-03-05: new
- 2007-07-13: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.