- American opossums
- American possums
- Possums, American
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Corbet, G.B. World list mam. species, 1991: p. 9 (Didelphidae, American opossums)
- found: Hershkovitz, P. The South American gracile mouse opossum ... (Marmosidae, Marsupialia), 1992 (new family Marmosidae)
- found: Phone call to Joy Gold, Smithsonian Inst., Jan. 4, 1993 (Smithsonian does not yet recognize Marmosidae, includes genera in Didelphidae)
- found: Random House (Opossum, also possum)
- found: Mammal species of the world: p. 15 (family Didelphidae, order Didelphimorphia)
- found: Integrated Taxonomic Info. System, Oct. 11, 1999 (Didelphidae. Order Didelphimorphia. Common names: opossums, American opossums)
- 1999-11-03: new
- 2000-03-03: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.