- Common oystercatcher
- European oystercatcher
- Haematopus ostralegus
- Northern oystercatcher
- Northern pied oystercatcher
- Palaearctic oystercatcher
- Pied oystercatcher
- Sea pie (Bird)
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Earlier Established Forms
- found: Cklist. No. Amer. birds: p. 173 (Haematopus ostra legus; Eurasian oystercatcher)
- found: ITIS, Apr. 4, 2005 (Haematopus ostralegus Linnaeus, 1758 -- valid -- eurasian oystercatcher)
- found: Avibase, via WWW, Apr. 4, 2005 (Eurasian Oystercatcher (Haematopus ostralegus) Linnaeus, 1758. English: Common Oystercatcher, Eurasian Oystercatcher, European Oystercatcher, Northern Oystercatcher, Northern Pied Oystercatcher, Oystercatcher, Palaearctic Oystercatcher, Pied Oystercatcher, Sea Pie)
- found: Annotated list of shorebirds (waders) of the world, via WWW, Apr. 4, 2005 (Eurasian Oystercatcher (Haematopus ostralegus))
- found: The A.O.U. check-list of North American birds, 7th ed., via WWW, Apr. 6, 2005 (Haematopus ostralegus, Eurasian Oystercatcher)
- 2005-04-04: new
- 2005-05-20: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.