- Carvings, Rock
- Engravings, Rock
- Rock carvings
- Rock engravings
- Rock inscriptions
- Stone inscriptions
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Francke, A.H. First collection of Tibetan historical inscriptions on rock and stone from Ladakh Himalaya, 2003.
- found: Zába, Z. The rock inscriptions of lower Nubia (Czechoslovak concession), 1974.
- found: Caminos, R.A. The shrines and rock-inscriptions of Ibrim, 1968.
- found: Desai, P.B. Select stone inscriptions of Andhra Pradesh, 1962.
- found: Hill, B. Guide to Indian rock carvings of the Pacific Northwest coast, c1975.
- found: Dowson, T.A. Rock engravings of Southern Africa, 1992.
- found: Wilman, M. The rock-engravings of Griqualand West & Bechuanaland South Africa, 1933.
- found: American Heritage dictionary of the English language, via WWW, Dec. 8, 2003 (petroglyph: A carving or line drawing on rock, especially one made by prehistoric people)
- found: MSN learning website, Dec. 8, 2003: dictionaries (petroglyph: prehistoric rock drawing: a prehistoric drawing done on rock)
- found: Merriam-Webster dict., via WWW, Dec. 8, 2003 (petroglyph: : a carving or inscription on a rock)
- 2003-12-08: new
- 2004-02-03: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.