- Planetary sciences
- Solar system
Earlier Established Forms
- found: Work cat: Sevigny, M. Under desert skies, 2016: ECIP data view summary (the story of how an upstart planetary laboratory in Tucson, the Lunar and Planetary Laboratory (LPL), would help create the field of planetary science)
- found: NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory Science Division web site, viewed August 7, 2015 (Planetary science; Planetary scientists work to improve our understanding of the planets, satellites and smaller bodies in the solar system)
- found: ASU School of Earth and Space Exploration website, viewed August 7, 2015: Research (Planetary sciences; Planetary scientists seek answers to fundamental questions that involve the extended family of planets, moons, asteroids, and other bodies in the Solar System)
- found: Wikipedia, viewed August 7, 2016 (Planetary science (rarely planetology) is the scientific study of planets (including Earth), moons, and planetary systems (in particular those of the Solar System) and the processes that form them)
- found: Google search, August 7, 2015 (Planetary science search, 9,630,000 hits, including many university and research institution departments; planetology search, 236,000 hits)
- 1986-02-11: new
- 2016-02-13: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.