- Chancellors (Prime ministers)
- Chief ministers (Prime ministers)
- First ministers (Prime ministers)
- Premiers (Prime ministers)
- found: Random House.
- found: Andre, I.W. Franklin Andrew Merrifield Baron : a biography of Dominica's first chief minister, 2007: p. 161 (in 1959 a Constitutional Conference attended by representatives of the seven federated territories of the Leeward and Windward islands agreed on constitutional changes including creation of the post of Chief Minister and Minister of Finance)
- found: OED, via WWW, July 25, 2011: under premier (B.2.a. The first or chief minister of the Crown and leader of the administration in the United Kingdom or in (former) British colonies; a Prime Minister)
- found: Oxford companion to Australian politics, 2008, via WWW, July 25, 2012: under ACT chief ministers (the chief minister of the Australian Capital Territory is chosen by a secret ballot of members of the Legislative Assembly at its first meeting after an election; so far, the leader of the party that has formed the government has been elected chief minister) under Northern Territory chief ministers (Northern Territory first ministers--since 1978 described as chief ministers)
- found: Oxford dict. of English, 2010, via WWW, July 25, 2012 (first minister: the leader of the ruling political party in some regions or countries)
- 2004-12-15: new
- 2012-10-10: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.