- Deviant sexual behavior
- Deviation, Sexual
- Deviations, Sex
- Sex deviation
- Sexual deviation
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Earlier Established Forms
- Sexual deviation
- found: MESH (Paraphilias; was Sex Deviation 1963-80; UF Sex Deviations)
- found: Thesaurus of psych. index terms (Paraphilias)
- found: athealth.com Web site, Oct. 24, 2007 (Paraphilias are sometimes referred to as sexual deviations or perversions. Paraphilias include fantasies, behaviors, or sexual urges focusing on unusual objects, activities, or situations. Paraphilias include: Sexual urges or sexual fantasies with non-human objects; Sexual behaviors with non-human objects; Sexual behaviors involving humiliation or suffering of oneself or another person; Adult sexual behavior that involves children or nonconsenting adults. Some of the common paraphilias include: Exhibitionism; Fetishism; Frotteurism; Pedophilia; Masochism; Sadism;Transvestitism; Voyeurism)
- found: Human sexuality : an encyc., 1994 (paraphilias; "Paraphilia is defined as an erotosexual and psychological condition characterized by recurrent responsiveness to an obsessive dependence on an unusual or socially unacceptable stimulus. The term has become a legal synonym for perversion or deviant sexual behavior, and it is preferred by many over the other terms because it seems more neutral and descriptive rather than judgemental.")
- found: American Heritage dict. (paraphilia; sexual deviation)
- found: Random House dict. (paraphilia; sexual deviation)
- 2000-06-07: new
- 2007-12-21: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.