- Informal settlements (Squatter settlements)
- Irregular settlements
- Settlements, Spontaneous
- Settlements, Squatter
- Shack towns
- Shanty towns
- Spontaneous settlements
- Uncontrolled settlements
- found: Urban land management, regularization policies ... 1995 (Irregular settlements)
- found: Slums of hope? : Shanty towns of the Third World, 1979.
- found: People and housing in Third World cities : perspectives on the problem of spontaneous settlements, 1975.
- found: Abbott, J. An analysis of informal settlements ... 2001.
- found: World Health Organization Website, Sept. 29, 2009 (Informal settlements; these are defined as residential areas where a group of housing units have been constructed on land to which the occupants have no legal claim, or which they occupy illegally; unplanned settlements and areas where housing is not in compliance with current planning and building regulations.)
- 2000-02-14: new
- 2013-09-06: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.