- Dock hands
- Longshore workers
- Shore porters
- Waterfront workers
- Waterside workers
- Wharf labourers
- Harbor personnel
Earlier Established Forms
- found: Mitchell, W. Wharf labourers ... 1973.
- found: Griffiths, B. Wharfies : a celebration of 100 years on the Fremantle waterfront 1889-1989.
- found: Seamen & dockers' bulletin. Fremantle, W.A., 1968.
- found: Macq. dict. (All terms are listed, with Wharfy an alternative spelling for Wharfies, the colloquial form of Wharf labourers.)
- found: Am. heritage dict. (dockworker: a dockhand, a longshoreman)
- 2002-10-07: new
- 2010-05-12: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.