- Native element minerals
Earlier Established Forms
- found: Britannica micro (sulfur, also spelled sulphur, nonmetallic chemical element belonging to the oxygen family (Group VIa of the periodic table), one of the most reactive of the elements. Known to the ancients (it is referred to in Genesis as brimstone), sulfur was first classified as an element in 1777 by Antoine Lavoisier.)
- found: Web. 3 (sulfur or sulphur)
- found: Encarta world Eng. dict. (sulfur, sulphur)
- found: Am. heritage dict. (brimstone: sulfur)
- found: AAT (sulfur UF brimstone)
- found: World book encyc. (sulfur)
- found: MeSH browser, May 30, 2007 (Sulfur. CAS Type 1 name: Sulfur)
- 2002-11-22: new
- 2007-08-22: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.