- USE Here are entered works on the care and management of domestic breeds of swine. Works on the family of swine are entered under [Suidae.]
- Domestic pig
- Pig farming
- Sus domestica
- Sus domesticus
- Sus scrofa domestica
- Sus scrofa domesticus
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Hennepin (Pig farming)
- found: Wolfman, J. Life on a pig farm, 1998.
- found: Wikipedia, June 5, 2013: Domestic pig (Domestic pig (Sus scrofa domesticus or Sus domesticus: also swine or hog); it is considered a subspecies of the wild boar or a distinct species in its own right) Pig (A pig is any of the animals in the genus Sus, within the Suidae family of even-toed ungulates. Pigs include the domestic pig and its ancestor, the common Eurasian wild boar (Sus scrofa), along with other species)
- found: Oxford dictionaries website, June 5, 2013 (pig: Sus domesticus (with numerous varieties), family Suidae (the pig family), descended from the wild boar and domesticated over 8,000 years ago. The pig family also includes the warthog and babirusa, but the similar peccaries are placed in their own family)
- found: NCBI taxonomy browser, via WWW, June 5, 2013 (Sus scrofa domesticus (domestic pig); synonym: Sus scrofa domestica; Sus domesticus; Sus domestica)
USE Here are entered works on the care and management of domestic breeds of swine. Works on the family of swine are entered under [Suidae.]
USE Example under [Meat animals] USE Note under [Suidae]
- 1986-02-11: new
- 2013-09-05: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.