- Aides, Teachers'
- Assistant teachers
- Assistants, Teachers'
- Classroom assistants
- Education assistants
- Instructional assistants
- Paraprofessionals in education
- School assistants
- Teacher aides
- Teachers' aides
- Teaching assistants
- found: The paraprofessional's guide to the inclusive classroom, c1997: CIP galley (Paraprofessionals in education)
- found: Training and development for, 1997: p. 1 (Aboriginal education assistant, general assistant, school assistant, teachers aide) p. 2 (School Administrative and Support Staff, SASS)
- found: A solid link in the chain : the Aboriginal teaching assistants' training programme, an evaluation, 1978.
- found: School ancillary staff enterprise agreement, 1995.
- found: Washington Post, Apr. 15, 1999: p. B1 (Instructional assistants, who normally work under teachers' supervision, are not required to be certified as teachers or to have a college degree.)
- found: Colorado Dept. of Education Guidelines for paraeducators web site, Dec. 14, 2004 (definition: a paraprofessional or paraeducator, for the purpose of this document, is a school employee who provides instructional support services under the direct supervision of a qualified teacher)
- found: Interactions: collaboration skills for school professionals, c2007: p. 141 (para-educators provide instructional and other services to students, are supervised by licensed professionals; they are also known as instructional assistants, classroom assistants, teacher aides, or teacher assistants)
- 2005-01-17: new
- 2006-12-22: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.