- USE This heading is assigned to collections of songs about different current or recent events or issues when more specific headings cannot be assigned or are insufficient.
- found: Web. 3: topical (3b: referring to the topics of the day or place; of local or temporary interest)
- found: Amer. heritage dict.: topical (2: currently of interest; contemporary)
- found: Wikipedia (A topical song is a song that comments on political and/or social events)
- found: De Turk, D.A. American folk scene; dimensions of the folksong revival: p. 159 (The topical song is truly the folk music of today. Although many people appreciate and understand the history as well as the esthetic value of traditional music, it is the song whose content deals with contemporary issues that is most meaningful to people.)
- found: New Grove dict. of mus. WWW site, Jan. 13, 2011 (mentioned but not defined)
- notfound: New Harvard dict. of mus.;New Grove dict. of Amer. mus.
USE This heading is assigned to collections of songs about different current or recent events or issues when more specific headings cannot be assigned or are insufficient.
- 1986-02-11: new
- 2011-02-08: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.