- Here are entered works about maps that represent the horizontal and vertical locations of natural and man-made features.
- Hypsographic maps
- Hypsometric maps
- Maps, Topographic
- Relief maps
- Topo maps
- Topographical maps
- found: Mayhew, S. The concise Oxford dict. of geography, 1992 (topographic[al] map)
- found: Glossary of the mapping sciences, 1994: map, topographic (1. a map showing the horizontal and vertical locations of the natural and man-made features represented. Also called a relief map. Uses numbered contour lines or comparable symbols to show mountains, valleys and plains; 2. a map whose principle purpose is to portray and identify the natural and artificial features on the Earth's surface as faithfully as possible within the limitations imposed by scale)
- found: Glossary of mapping, charting, and geodetic terms, c2005 (topographic map: A map which presents the vertical position of features in measurable form as well as their horizontal positions; hypsographic map: A map showing land or submarine bottom relief in terms of height above, or below, a datum by any method, such as contours, hachures, shading, or tinting. Also called hypsometric map)
- found: Search Map (Firm). Singapore topo map 1:30,000, 1994.
- found: DeLorme Mapping Company. North Dakota atlas & gazetteer : topo maps of the entire state, back roads, outdoor recreation, c1999.
Here are entered works about maps that represent the horizontal and vertical locations of natural and man-made features.
subdivision [Maps] under names of countries, regions, etc.
- 1986-02-11: new
- 2012-10-10: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.