- Processing, Word
- Word processing--Computer programs
- Word processing (Office practice)
- Electronic data processing
- Paperwork (Office practice)--Automation
- Computerized typesetting
- Desktop publishing
- Text editors (Computer programs)
- Text processing (Computer science)
Earlier Established Forms
Word processing--Computer programsWord processingWord processingComputer programsComputer programs Word processing (Office practice)Word processing (Office practice)
- found: 90-55516: Harper dict. of computing, 1991 (text editor, a program that will enable text appearing on the screen to enter memory, where it can be amended, deleted, enlarged as necessary; a text editor combined with a print formatter constitutes a word processing program)
- found: 92-14553: Encyc. of computer science, 1993 (text editing systems, use the power of the computer to create, add, delete, and modify textual material; once considered tools for programmers, now often designed exclusively to do non-computer-related tasks (programmer's editor are now specialized tools); article includes discussion of McWrite and of WordPerfect)
- 1986-02-11: new
- 1998-02-05: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.