- German Hebrew
- Hebreo-German language
- Jewish language
- Jiddisch language
- Judaeo-German language (Yiddish)
- Judeo-German language (Yiddish)
- found: Fact-Archive.com WWW site, July 22, 2010: Yiddish language (In its earliest historical phase (13th-14th centuries), Yiddish is referred to by linguists as Judeo-German; occasionally this term is used for later forms of the language as well)
- found: Jewish Encyclopedia, c1916, viewed online July 22, 2010 (Judaeo-German ... The other common name, "Jüdisch," i.e., "Jewish," has been carried by Jewish emigrants to English-speaking countries, where it has given rise to the form "Yiddish.")
- found: Modern Yiddish culture, c2000: p. 312 (Hebreo-German (name for Yiddish))
- Note under [German language]
- 1986-02-11: new
- 2010-09-17: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.