- Beginnings (Rhetoric)
- First lines (Rhetoric)
- Opening sentences
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Work cat.: Son of "It was a dark and stormy night", 1986.
- found: It was a dark and stormy night, 1984 (opening sentences)
- found: Whitlock, B. From these beginnings: openings of 50 major literary works, 1985.
- found: Blanchard, F. Art of composition, 1934 index: p. 757 (Beginning)
- found: Cheney, T. Getting the words right, 1983: p. 83+ (Beginnings, openings)
- found: Edwards, C. Writing from the inside out, 1984: p. 96 (beginnings)
- found: LC data base, 2/28/86 (beginning, beginnings, openings, first lines)
- notfound: Carroll, G. Writing, revising and editing, 1969;Babcock, R. Creative writing for college students, 1938;Brashers, H. Creative writing, 1968;McCrimmon, J. Writing with a purpose, 1984;,Memering, D. Writer's work, 1984
- 1986-04-09: new
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.