- Discs, Optical
- Disks, Optical
- Laser discs
- Laser disks
- Optical discs
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Work cat.: McQueen, J. Videodisc and optical digital disk technologies and their applications in libraries, 1986.
- found: Web. 3 (disk or disc)
- found: Sippl comput. dict. (optical disk ...)
- found: Library Literature (Optical discs x Laser discs)
- found: McGraw-Hill yearbook of sci. and tech., 1985 (Optical disks)
- found: McGraw-Hill dict. sci. tech. (optical disk - a type of video disk storage device consisting of a pressed disk with a spiral groove at the bottom of which are submicrometer-sized depressions that are sensed by a laser beam.)
- found: LCIB thes. (Optical disks, see Optical storage devices)
- found: Price, J. "The optical disk pilot program at the Library of Congress." Videodisc and optical disk: v. 4, Nov.-Dec. 1984: p. 424-432.
- found: O'Neill, S. "Optical disk technology." LC science tracer bullet TB84-6.
- found: BPI (Optical disks, see Optical storage devices)
- found: Random House (Optical disk; Optical disc; also called Laser disk)
- found: Hennepin (Optical discs x Laser discs)
- notfound: NCC thes. comput. terms;NASA;IAC;NCC thes. comput. terms;BDNE2
- 1986-07-19: new
- 1989-11-21: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.