- Data banks
- Data bases
- Database systems
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Earlier Established Forms
- Data bases
- found: Work cat.: Lesko, M. The computer data and data base source book, 1984.
- found: ASTI (Indexed under Data base theory)
- found: Business Periodicals Index (Data base systems; Data base management systems; x Data bases, Computer)
- found: Encyclopedia of Computer Science (Data base and data base mgmt. is an article caption)
- found: Engr. index (Indexed under Data base systems)
- found: Maynard, J. Dictionary of data processing (Data base; a file so structured that all logical relationships can be expressed between records, and that is independent of any particular application)
- found: Encyclopedia of computer science ("The term data base has yet to achieve a widely accepted meaning")
- found: Webster's new world compact dictionary of computer terms (data base: a set of inter-related data records stored on a direct access storage device)
- found: LC database, Nov. 26, 1986.
- found: National Computing Centre, Ltd. Thesaurus of computing terms (data bases)
- found: Computer dict. (database; a typical database is a vast and continually updated file of information, abstracts, or references on a particular subject or subjects)
- found: Amer. Heritage dict. (database; also data base)
- found: Random House (database; also data-base, data base; data bank; also databank)
- found: MESH (database; databases)
- found: Hennepin (database; databases)
- found: LC database, Nov. 6, 1993 (data base (607); database (1029); data bases (162); databases (331))
- found: UMI business vocab. (Data banks use Data bases)
- found: LIV (Data banks)
- found: Daintith, J. Dictionary of computing, 2008: (database system; UF: database)
- notfound: Am. National Dict. for Information Processing Systems;Jordain. Condensed computer encyclopedia;Words bus.;Web. 3
- 1986-12-05: new
- 2008-12-02: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.