- Here are entered works on a system or principle of community organization in which rival groups, religious, ethnic, etc., are devoted to their own interests rather than to those of the whole society.
- Ethnic relations
- found: Work cat.: Singh, K. Many faces of communalism, 1985.
- found: Web. 3 (a system or principle of communal organization in which rival minority groups are devoted to their own interests rather than to those of the whole society: strong loyalty and adherence to one's community and its values sometimes appearing in excess and with nationally divisive effects)
- found: Random House (A strong allegiance to one's own ethnic group rather than to society as a whole)
- found: Singh, G.R. In search of communal harmony, 1985 (a narrow ideology with a strong tendency to promote the interests of a particular community at the cost of other communities and even of the interests of the nation. Can be based on regional, linguistic, caste or religious heritage)
- found: LC data base, 3/26/87.
- notfound: Britannica Micro.
Here are entered works on a system or principle of community organization in which rival groups, religious, ethnic, etc., are devoted to their own interests rather than to those of the whole society.
- 1987-03-31: new
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.