- Critical reflection
- Reflection (Critical thinking)
- Reflection process
- Reflective thinking
- Thinking, Critical
- Thinking, Reflective
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Work cat.: Brookfield, S. Developing critical thinkers : challenging adults to explore alternative ways of thinking and acting, c1987.
- found: Penguin dict. psych. ("Cognitive strategy consisting mainly of continual checking and testing of possible solutions to guide one's work ... often contrasted w/ Creative thinking")
- found: Hennepin (Critical thinking, Critical thinking--Study and teaching)
- found: ERIC thes. (Critical thinking)
- found: Homan, A.M. Constructing knowledge through reflection, c2006: p. 7-9 (some educators seem adamant that reflective learning is not to be confused with critical reflection; for the purpose of this paper, the terms reflective learning and critical reflection are used interchangeably, linked by the concept of learning through inquiry that higher-order thinking invites)
- found: Australian thesaurus of education descriptors, via WWW, Mar. 26, 2007 (Critical thinking; a way of reasoning that involves active, reflective and conscious consideration in the forming of a belief, judgment or decision; UFs used: critical reflection, reflection, reflection process, reflective thinking)
- notfound: Evans psych.;Chaplin dict. psych.;Eysenck encycl. psych.;Thesaurus psych. ind. terms;Psych. abstracts;English comp. dict. psycho. & psychoa. terms
- 1987-05-20: new
- 2008-01-24: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.