- Agriculture--Appropriate technology
- Agriculture, Alternative
- Alternative agricultural systems
- Alternative farming systems
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Earlier Established Forms
Agriculture--Appropriate technologyAgricultureAgricultureAppropriate technologyAppropriate technology
- found: Alternative agriculture, 1989 (Committee on the Role of Alternative Farming Methods in Modern Production Agriculture, Board on Agriculture, National Research Council; alternative farming systems) p. 27 (Alternative agriculture is any system of food or fiber production that systematically pursues the following goals: More thorough incorporation of natural processes ...; Reduction in the use of off-farm inputs with ... potential to harm the environment ...; Greater productive use of the biological and genetic potential of plant and animal species; Improvement ... to ensure long-term sustainability ...; and Profitable and efficient production ...)
- found: LC data base, 2/9/90 (alternative agricultural systems, alternative methods of agriculture, alternative agriculture systems, alternative agriculture, alternative/appropriate technologies in agriculture)
- found: Letter from F. Pohl, Mann Library, 3/27/90, and phone call to J. Maclean, NAL, 4/5/90 (related heading: Sustainable agriculture)
- notfound: Web. 3;Random House;Black's agric. dict.;Biol. & agr. index: v. 42, v. 74, no. 11
- 1987-08-14: new
- 1990-06-08: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.