- Hymnals, Shape-note
- Shape-note hymn books
- Shape-note hymnbooks
- found: Work cat.: Songs of praise, c1986.
- found: AmeriGrove (Shape-note hymnody)
- found: Web. 3 (Shape note)
- found: New Grove dict. of mus. WWW site, Apr. 25, 2005: under Shape-note hymnody (Much of the music in the shape-note hymnbooks was written by the late 18th-century singing-school composers of New England, who also introduced the practice of including a pedagogical preface to a tune book; to the New England repertory of psalm and hymn tunes, fuging-tunes, set-pieces and anthems the shape-note hymnbook compilers made a significant addition, folk hymns and spirituals drawn from oral tradition)
- found: New Harvard dict. of mus. under shape-note (a type of notation employed in tune books and hymnals in the U.S. ... from the 19th century until the present)
- 2005-04-25: new
- 2011-03-23: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.